Saturday, July 26, 2008

Wow, I,m Really Here!

http://hemlockhollow.etsy.com/
Yup, I've finally done it and started a blog. About me - I am a retired RN (on disability) who loves to make jewelry, do photography and listen to music. The link is to my jewelry shop on etsy.com Take a look and let me know what you think.

I live in the mountains of NE Tennessee and absolutely love it! Lucky enough to have moved from Florida to this slice of heaven and even have a trout stream on our property. I say we, because I am married to the most wonderful man. We do almost everything together, esp. flyfishing. He ties the flies and I use them(lose them).

Once I figure out how to post photos, you will see lots of them. Been photographing old barns and houses for years - some no longer exist.

I am also very political having once been a hippie radical (LOL). Nothing like missing the '60's. Wish we had been able to change some things back then in our society, but we did manage to affect some changes. Oh well. I vote.

Used to do lots of contra dancing in the DC area for many years. I miss that very much, but my aging joints won't let me do it anymore. In fact, just had left knee arthroscopy for torn cartileges. My, how I love physical therapy (not!). Maybe I'll be able to return to dancing, sure would take some of this weight off!

Speaking of politics, I really do wish that I had someone for vote for who I really really really could get enthused about this election. I will probably vote for Obama. Wanted John Edwards to continue his run or even decide to run as a dark horse after the Democratic convention. Sigh...... Ha, the convention is a joke and should be cancelled - it is just a party not a working convention. Especially after the primaries decide who will be the party's candidate. I remember when it was exciting to be at the convention, when it wasn't decided until the delegate votes were in and counted.

Personally, I think the Presidency should be decided by lottery. Really get the comman person in the White House - not the rich bastards. Yeah!

Oh well, later...

No comments: